There are Amnesty Groups and Action Circles spread out in communities across Canada. Each group in Saskatchewan is different.
Amnesty groups engage in many types of human rights campaigns and activities.
- We raise awareness about human rights issues in our communities by talking to the local media
- Lobby local politicians and government officials,
- Organize educational events with guest speakers, videos, and webcasting
- Group members write letters, hold vigils, organize demonstrations and other public events, and
- Work on specific long-standing appeal cases of individuals whose human rights are at risk.
In Saskatchewan there are Amnesty Groups in Saskatoon, Regina and Moose Jaw.
If you would like more information about starting a community group or action circle in your community email: firstname.lastname@example.org